“And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did. So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days. And many more believed because of his own word; And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.”
John 4:39-42 KJV
The Samaritans believed Jesus for the testimony of the woman, then they later went on to believe Jesus Christ because they heard His testimony and had a personal encounter. As Christians, we need to have a personal encounter with God and hear Him every day for ourselves. We need daily testimonies that will usher the world into the kingdom of God.
We must know this:
1. God uses people to be His witnesses. (Acts 1:8)
2. Just as the mouth expresses the heart, a testimony is a confession of the mouth (Acts 4:20, 1 Timothy 6:12)
3. The most basic fruits of testimonies are: faith and surrendering to Jesus Christ (John 4:39-40)
4. As a Christian, you must not be ashamed of sharing the good news of Jesus Christ.(2 Timothy 1:8)
5. There is a reward for witnesses. (Rev 6:9)
I Pray that as you go on to discharge your duties today, may God give you a supernatural testimony that will make you an evidential witness of the gospel.
Go and prosper!